11.11.2010

Vegan MoFo 2010: Day Eleven

Day Eleven: Bare Minimum Banana Split Cupcakes

Cupcakes are perfect for young children! As an adult, imagine holding one of the increasingly popular oversized-cupcakes in the palm of your hands. You're feeling giddy, right? That's the same sensation I imagine a kid to feel when given a cupcake; even I feel that way when eating a regular sized cupcake! Now, what if you combined that cupcake with the infamous banana split? I know, it'd be quite the sensation! Well, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World does just that. I made the Banana Split Cupcakes for Matt's birthday last year and they were scrumptious. Last night I wanted to make them again, but my pantry was pretty bleak. I'm going to call these Bare Minimum Banana Split Cupcakes because it's missing some of the key components of the aforementioned sensation. "Why not just call them regular old 'cupcakes', Mikaila?" Well, inquirer, because I really want them to be Banana Split Cupcakes, and if I wish harder enough, maybe they will transform over night...


This baby is filled with mashed banana and strawberry, so the 'split is definitely there. So it's missing a real marishino cherry? Pfftt, that candle looks mighty fine to me. Sprinkles? Yeah, what of them? Hand-whipped vanilla buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache work for me. ENJOY, KIDDOS!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/11/2010

    The candle is so cute!They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake looks out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't miss the cherry at all! It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete