11.06.2010

Vegan MoFo 2010: Day Six

Day Six: Bagels! Bagels! Bagels!

bagels, all the time!

It's finally the weekend! Most of my day was spent between the kitchen and the computer, catching up on MoFo bloggers. I've been really busy with work and cooking that I've neglected a lot of spectacular blogs, even some in my own reel! What I have browsed thus far is amazing. Our Veggie Kitchen is cooking up White Bean Waffles, and photographing them well. Want a step-by-step guide to chow mein and fried rice? Check out Go Vegan Meow! One of my preferred bloggers, MoFo or otherwise, actually inspired this post! C'est La Vegan makes some of the tastiest foods I can imagine, from Marinated Cheeze to Tofu Benny's. She recently made the Garden Herb Spread from one of my favorite cookbooks, Vegan Brunch. Upon sight, I knew I would be making bagels this weekend!

    

The recipe yielded a dozen medium sized bagels, just a bit smaller than most store-bought varieties. Several were scarfed down almost instantly by my roommates! I've only made the bagels from Vegan Brunch one other time, several years ago, and those did not come out too well. It's pleasant to know my baking experience and ability has grown since then, as these were almost perfect! A few oddly shaped bagels aren't ruining this batch.


 I had most of the ingredients required to make the Garden Herb Spread from Vegan Brunch, and that's what I did. I combined cashews, tofu, lemon juice, fresh basil, parsley and fennel, dried tarragon and dill, s&p and nutritional yeast in the food processor and voila!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, those bagels look professional! Your spread looks & sounds great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love making bagels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bagels are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete